Tuesday, January 20, 2009

To lock or not to lock

It's been a while. My hair has grown but now it's resting and that can be frustrating. I am a bit impatient. My hair is basically the same length as it was in my February 2008 pictures (http://public.fotki.com/Jamsteph/second-year-oct-200/feb-2008/). When stretched, that's about 2.5 inches below shoulders.

My question is to lock or not to lock ? This hair of mine takes more time to detangle now, but when it's done I enjoy it. Every now and then I wonder if I should lock. I've always held the notion to lock when I'm thirty (four years from now). When I wear my twists in a fuzzy state, I get compliments that locks fit me. I like the styling options I have as a non-locked head, but have not been able to explore them.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Locks can be very versatile in terms of styling, especialy if you get smaller ones. I wear mind down, pull them back, pin them up and even roll or braid them in sections to add waves. I've found that after locking, I have far les sbreakage, so my hair is now about 5 inches past my shoulders aftre being locked for 4 years. It's totally up to you, of course. If you still desire to have your hair loose from time to time, you could just continue to do what you have been doing and twist your hair on occasion for that locked look. Let me know what you plan to do!