Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sidetracked from Healthy Habits

I was excited about finally taking the leap into the world outside of "natural hair by choice". So I transitioned for almost a year, did a big chop and was happy with the progress of hair knowledge and health. I've watched youtube videos and learned so much. But...

Rocking a Fluffy Twist Out with some Colour!


I got lazy. After finding what works for my hair, I got sidetracked from keeping up with the programme. The result? After having permanently coloured my half of my head, I slacked off on the required deep conditioning and moisturising to protect those strands. So now, my hair progress has stabilized (in a sense). Now I've got the same length as I did 2 or 3 years ago because my breakage (ends) is almost on par with the growth (roots).

How about you? Have you kept up with the routines that you found to work for your hair? Do you find that you've deviated from them and found maybe better ones? 

No comments: